Hello. Thank you for finding us. I’m glad you are here.
You are here because there are some difficulties in your life. Thank you for reaching out for Calgary Counselling. It can be anxiety provoking to look for a Calgary Psychologist. You are taking a brave first step towards healing.
I created the Institute with certain core values in mind.
- My goal is that you always feel safe here. It can be frightening to take the first step towards Calgary counselling. My desire is that you feel safe and welcomed without judgement.
- I’ve created an environment that is free of judgement. We all have our own stories and our own struggles. No one should ever be judged on their story or difficulties.
- The Calgary Institute of Counselling was created with a focus on bringing healing to clients. It focuses on client care and transformation. Our Calgary Psychologists want to hear your story. They want to understand you so that they can help you heal and transform.
There are certain promises and guarantees that I make to clients.
- I will help you find the right Calgary Psychologist. The most important factor in Calgary counselling is the client/therapist relationship. This is why I have put in place a free 20-minute consultation for all new clients if they so choose. This way you can get to know your Psychologist and find out if it will be a safe relationship for you.
- I never want finances to stand in the way of getting better. Calgary counselling can be expensive, and I do not want finances to be that barrier that stops you from reaching out. Sliding scale can be an option for those who need it. The goal is to help people find healing.
- I promise that there will be no waitlist. You should not have to wait weeks to address your anxieties, difficulties or struggles. We have appointments reserved for new clients so that they can quickly access the support they need.
- You will receive the type of counselling that is most helpful for you. We tailor all counselling sessions to each individual client as no two clients are the same or have the same story. We want your Calgary counselling experience to be a good one.
Our desire at the Institute is to journey with you. We want to work collaboratively with you to find healing, to help restore your joy whether that be personally or in your relationship. We look forward to hearing from you.
Jenn BettsJenn believes that counselling is most effective with a strong client/counsellor relationship. She counsels from an empathic and collaborative approach. Her desire is to create a place of emotional safety for her clients. Clients often tell her that they feel comfortable and understood in session. She has trained under some of the foremost leaders in counselling […]
Nick BohnNick brings a soft and caring approach to counselling. His clients often appreciate his sense of empathy and understanding. He works with his clients in a way that makes them feel safe and heard. He knows that it is hard to open up in counselling. Therefore, he gently guides clients towards change. Nick believes that […]
Georgia McNeilGeorgia is dedicated to creating a warm atmosphere where clients feel comfortable and accepted. She has a compassionate and non-judgmental approach to therapy. This helps clients make meaningful changes in their lives. Change can feel overwhelming, so Georgia works collaboratively with clients at their own pace. She ensures that they feel genuinely heard and understood. […]
Kyla MarguliesKyla takes a warm and compassionate approach to counselling. Her priority is to ensure her clients feel comfortable and safe. When you step into Kyla’s office you enter a space of acceptance where there is no judgement, only curiosity to understand your story. Kyla believes that everyone is capable of changing their story but knows […]
Sheryl SinghSheryl takes a warm, empathetic approach to counselling. She believes that compassion, understanding and trust are essential for clients to feels safe. Sheryl helps clients feel empowered to make the positive changes needed to live healthy and fulfilled lives. She desires to see clients move from feeling stuck to strengthened. She believes that strength is […]
New Patient Information
Follow this link to see what appointments are available and conveniently book your appointment online.
Frequently Asked Questions
View commonly asked questions related to therapy with us, and psychotherapy in general. Your active participation and dedication is crucial to your success.
Here you will find the newest and most up to date new articles in the field of counseling and psychotherapy. Topics cover anxiety, psychotherapy, and depression.